hey,My first blog. I'm on holidays now for 3 weeks - not sure what i will do though.
The idea of this photo was based around the idea of soap opera's. The over-dramatization and the non-reality. They seem so disconnected from nature, the world. The 'love' and feuds between characters.
Something in this photo makes me think more than that though. The split in the tree, the rough, mossy bark. Her white skin.
I love taking photos of people. I love to be able to catch that split second of emotion between what someone wants the rest of the world to perceive them as, and what they really are. It's kind of an awkward moment of insecurity and of being unsure. its Raw.
Maybe as a project for these holidays, that is what i will do. Project Raw. I need models. Anyone interested?
I'll try to keep this blog updated (at least for these 3 weeks?) - if you have any suggestions for my holidays (movies, etc.) or want to do photos with me, just say.
Anyway this has been pretty fun! I'll update soon. With photos as i edit them. :)

woweee elise
ReplyDeletethats really good and the artists statement
seriously why don't you do art!!
i'm interested :) and bet sam fliss and jaz are too
hey ese.
ReplyDeleteis adam.
i'm on holidays too.
and as always, i'm willing to model.
stay gold pony boy. (girl...sorry... i can't change the saying, cause it's a saying, so... you know.)
*grins*
excellent adam i was hoping you would be interested son! :D you are, of course, a spectacular model and much fun. i'll have a little think about times places what etc etc and send you an email or text :)
ReplyDelete*hug*
I appreciate the saying by the way. i quite like to think of myself as a gold pony boy, so i will certainly stay that way. XD
Casey: would be cool! ill chat to you guys.
ReplyDeletei didn't do art at school cos i don't believe in their method of teaching. or their subjectivity. or their inability to allow you to do your own thing. i'm sure many in the class would agree though hey hehe.